Book Chat & Movie Chat

  • Once a week we'll chat about Zombie or Horror novels and Movies/TV Series

Monday, July 11, 2016




  Movie Chat
Once a week I’ll be discussing a Book or Movie/TV Series I love.  Or posting a submission from a reader/author about a movie or book in the horror or zombie genre. Sharing the love of a book or movie as if you were talking with a friend.

Sit down, relax and let’s chat

The offering this week is a movie that got mixed reviews; some hated it, some loved it. Submitted by Amber Taylor.


THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT


OK, say what you will about this movie, but it scared the crap out of me when I saw it at the theaters!

Unlike almost every horror movie out there today, there was no excessive blood or gore or anything like that. Instead this movie played on our fears of things that go bump in the night. True, the shaky filming could become a little irritating, and to some, made them nauseous, but that really just added to the scary feel of this movie. Besides, if all you want is some psycho killing people in gruesome ways, all one has to do is turn on the news.

Sorry Blair Witch haters, I still give this an "A" in my book!



Amber Taylor was born in Beckley, West Virginia, but has also lived in Arizona, Florida, California and now resides in Columbus, Georgia.  She’s published two books on Amazon, A Werewolf’s Tail and the second in the series recently released, A Werewolf’s Struggle.
Amber can be reached at her book promotion facebook page:


Excerpt from Amber' Werewolf story,  A Werewolf's Struggle.

The smell of rotten fruit and rancid meat replaced Sam’s sweet scent as his lips were pulled away and caused me to grudgingly open my eyes.  The bright and sunny scene remained, but no amount of sunshine could keep Angus away.  He was nearly human with the exception of his snarling fanged grin and the misshapen claws wrapped around Sam’s throat. Within seconds he contorted back to the semi-furred monster I thought I’d left in the previous image.  His snarls became guttural growls that drew my attention to make sure I watched as he bit savagely into where Sam’s neck and shoulder met.  Blood gushed from the brutal wound and the warm spray across my face caused my stomach to churn.  Angus continued to gnaw on Sam like a favorite chew toy as they stumbled back a few steps.  The meaty, tearing sound as he tore a chunk of flesh off of Sam reminded me of a neighbor ripping the skin off of a freshly killed deer.  Sam’s mouth opened to scream, but the only noise that escaped was a rattling sound of air rushing through his lungs.  Angus threw his head back and swallowed the chunk the way a baby bird would being fed by its mother.  Sam’s body trembled with shock as his eyes filled with confused horror that begged for me to help him.  All I could do was stand there, frozen in my own fear.

            I woke up in an instant, repulsed by the feel of what I believed was Sam’s blood trickling down me.   Frantically, I rubbed at my skin, trying to get rid of such a gruesome part of Sam.  After a few moments, I looked at my hands to see the only thing on them was water.  Rain drops fell off the tree branches above, and was such a relief, I automatically sucked in a big gasp of air, not realizing I’d been holding my breath.  The overpowering wet smell of earth and pine needles helped erase the ghost of Angus’ odor from my head.


The morning was gray and drizzly out, something quite common in this part of the 

country,  and I wasn’t surprised to see I was naked.  Something else that wasn’t 

uncommon anymore.  A gusty cool breeze blew through the forest rustling my hair to 

tickle at my face.   

If I’d been human, the cold might’ve caused me to shiver, but that ship had sailed a while ago.  Instead, the chill in the air and the damp earth beneath my skin soothed me and served as a reminder that what I’d just experienced was just one of too many recent nightmares



Links to her books on Amazon can be found on her book promotion page or listed below:
&


Myra Nour
www.myranour.net
Zombie & Horror Lovers Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1214883125197004/
Twitter:   https://twitter.com/MyraNour  
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/
 
 


If you missed any of my previous blogs they are:

Wednesday, July 6th - Book Chat - Review of The Hungry

Wednesday, June 29th - An Island During a Zombie Outbreak; Movie Chat - Survival of the Dead
Monday, June 27th - Book Chat; review of horror novel The Adominable

 Wednesday, June 22nd - Book Chat; review of zombie novel Rise Again

 Monday, June 20th - Securing the farm house from zombies in Night of the Living Dead

Friday, June 17th - Where would you hole up during a zombie apocalypse?

No comments:

Post a Comment